Mosquito Hornet - Gas Powered Scooter -
Mosquito is one of the original gas scooter manufacturers and the Hornet is their premier model. The Hornet gas scooter will take you to the extreme. Jump it, hop a curb, take it off road... no problem. It likes to be abused. The Hornet is brutally rugged with a frame guaranteed for 5 years.
Check the specs, this is one of the few gas scooters built solid enough for jumping. The Hornet gas scooter is fast and aggressive reaching a top speed of 30 mph. Its performance is crisp, agile, and responsive. This gas scooter is stable at any speed. The Hornet gas scooter offers insane climbing ability and will devour just about any hill you put in front of it.
The Mitsubishi engine is one of the best two-stroke gas engines made. Take good care of it and it will last for years. The high quality Shimano Deore braking system is smooth and powerful allowing for quick stops. The advanced gear box system is far more durable and efficient than direct drive systems you'll find elsewhere.
Mosquito has designed the Hornet as a "limited maintenance scooter". It's super easy to maintain so your time is spent riding. We love the fluid shape and deep rich colors. The tig welding is not only stronger, but hides the weld adding a sleeker look. The Hornet is top quality, made in the U.S.A. It will exceed your expectations. It's motto, Any road. Any time. Any Reason."
* Speed: 30 mph
* Range: 30 - 45 miles, 1 - 1.5 hours (depending on speed and weight)
* Motor: Center mounted 2.2 HP 40cc 2-Stroke Mitsubishi Keyang gas engine, rear mounted kill switch.
* Frame: Tig welded 1.25" 13 gauge cold rolled steel tubing and 12 gauge sheet metal made from high quality steel tested to withstand severe stress. 5.5" road clearance.
* Start Method: Recoil pull-start. * Drive System: Gear box / chain driven (low maintenance), twist throttle.
* Oil Type: 2-cycle oil.
* Fuel Type: Gasoline (high octane recommended).
* Gasoline Mix: 25:1 * Fuel Tank Capacity: 1 Liter.
* Brakes: Shimano Deore cable disc brake system.
* Dry Weight: 51 lbs.
* Dimensions: Length 49", Length axel to axel 37" Width at handlebars 16", Width at the deck 12" Height 43" - 48", Height folded 24" Height at engine 21.5" Board (composite, non-skid) 19" x 8.5"
* Carrying Capacity: 300 lbs.
* Tires: 13" x 3" tires (4.10/3.50-6 Studded Tread) with pneumatic tire tubes. Wheels are first quality cast aluminum (2-piece) with sealed bearings.
* Warranty: 90 days, 5 years on frame. Additional Features:
* Handlebars that fold for easy transport and storage.
* Adjustable height handlebars Additional Info:
* Not for sale to the state of California.